Monday, February 14, 2011

the nature of Him.

As a librarian, it helps to read books, so that you can recommend those books to patrons that come in and ask. No brainer right? 

Well, God has me on the "read only the Bible plan." so I have read no fiction books for a really long time.  I'm super OK with that, but there was this one book that I really really wanted to read, but I knew I wouldn't be able to even if I owned it. So I just put it out of my mind. 

Until.

A sweet friend gave me my very own copy. I didn't have to struggle with weather or not I should be reading it, because she read it and God told her to give me a copy. I love that she had no clue I even knew it existed. When God says read, you read.  Last night I got through chapter two and cried all the stinking way through, and of course, the good King Hezekiah was there.. so you can bet my ears and heart are totally engaged. 

He even wrapped it like I imagine He would. 


and put a uber cute hand sewn bookmark inside..  


"Blessed are those that who keep his testimonies, 
who seek him with their whole heart." Psalm 119:2


God doesn't speak to all of us the same way, He also may not speak in the same way over and over to you the same way.  He's creative.. I love that about Him. When He speaks and you hear.. you will know, and if you chose to obey His voice. He will bless you. It's just the nature of Him. 

No comments: