Friday, February 4, 2011

My Issac.

I keep thinking that God has it all.. what more does he want??
This was His idea.. when did it become all mine? 
Maybe it was just a fluke that what I heard 
was confirmed by a Godly close friend earlier today.
 The thought of giving this up irks me..no, it breaks my heart.
It makes no sense. No sense at all, at least to me. 

Golly, there is my mouth talking again, and you have no idea what I'm rambling about.

 
Quite frankly, blogging has started to freak me out.
So many what if's?  
was that God? 
what should I say? 
Or that would make a great post...
please be Your words and not mine thoughts consuming my brain.
and dare I say heart??  
 
and that's not a great thing...at all.

Because I don't want this to be about me.
It is yes, about my journey, but lately
I have been shown it's more about God
and what He's doing and wants to do through words...my words.


And when your a former word abuser
your tendency is to take some liberty
in the forming of thoughts and make them yours,
instead of whose they should be.


God has asked that I lay my words at His feet for a while.

"If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."John 15:7

He requires a blogging fast from me,
so that I can allow the Spirit to blow on the window of my soul,
and permanently etch His Word on my heart so that the beauty of Him can be seen clearly.


It makes no sense after the highest ever "hits" in a month... it makes no sense at all.
but then again, neither did taking the son you prayed and prayed
for up to the top of a hill
build an alter
and prepare to kill him.
Abraham simply had to step into His words.. and the rest God took care of.

I'm hoping rather selfishly that the second I hit post, God speaks rather loudly that He desires that I keep blogging, but I will never get to see that blessing if I first don't lay my "Issac down." 

Is there anything you feel God is telling you to lay at His feet?

If you'd like to share, I'd love to have you place it in the comments..
and if there are some there when you post one.. pray for them....
giving things up for a while is hard stuff because God might never allow you to pick it up again...

so I ask you...what is your Issac?




***going to go puke now***

No comments: