Tuesday, October 5, 2010

87 steps and 7 letters

a few weeks back now, i had a feeling that i needed to do something. something huge, that will affect my whole family. it was as if God spoke to my heart, and i immediately knew this was going to be a battle of utmost importance in my life.

God told me to put a For Sale sign at the end of the driveway.

hmmm.. i know there are a bazillion reasons that this acreage isn't ready to sell. (remember the bathroom door isn't even on.) but God still whispered to my heart. just put the sign out.

maybe it's not God, let's go to some Godly friends of mine and ask. they all stared blank eyed at me and encouraged me to obey God. i felt stoopid and silly even saying that "God wants me to put a for sale sign out at the end of the driveway." it's the most unnatural thing in the world nowadays to put your house on the market.. there are so many, and did i mention that it's no where near ready to sell?

the next week i'm in a car with one of my bosses. she tells me that she might have to take a phone call from her realtor. She lives 2 miles out in the country, and one day just went out and put a sign up and well, 2 weeks later a buyer shows up and she's moving out at the end of October. yah, i'm flabbergasted. if she can do it, why can't i? it's just a sign. 7 letters. that's all. heck, it's not even that long of a walk.

Then, i realize that it's not about the for sale sign at all. God loves me and will give me everything i need, and right now there is a super big need for some room in our budget. but, what if it doesn't sell? i guess that's why i'm draggin my feet to the end of the driveway. how will i look if this acreage doesn't sell? how can i ever "hear" from God again if i get this wrong? i know, discernment can't be taught, it has to be learned. but i never thought it had to be this hard.

when God told me to put the sign out, it was just that, put the sign out. not a detail was mine to worry about. i was just to walk to the end of the driveway and put a for sale sign up. but after thinking and praying and diving into my own emotions and feelings on this.. i know that if Christ lives in me, i too am a house. and i need to put a sold sign on my heart.

so, i walked one more step toward God, and the 87 steps to the end of the driveway and put up both signs... knowing I am blessed. loved. and i'm moving outta the house that was God's anyways.

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies,
it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. John 12:24

2 comments:

Robin Thompson said...

Thanks...it all makes sense now. ;) Love ya!!

Karrie said...

i'm ALWAYS the last to know.....