Wednesday, January 11, 2012

the package

I was in my favorite store the week before Christmas, with a pocket full of cash that was only to be used to purchase Christmas presents. I had five hours to shop for 23 people, so why was I staring at the canvas packs that were on sale?  It was a GREAT deal and I needed them.. or thought I did. I rationalized myself outta that isle by telling myself that I really needed to sell a few more prints before I could even think about buying more supplies to make more... I left the store without buying them. Yeah me.

So, here's where I need to back up and let you in on a certain goal or rather desire I had a year ago in January 2011.  I desired to tithe.  If your not a church goer, that means that you voluntarily put hard earned money into a basket that is passed at church each Sunday, which in turn gets used for the needs of ministry at the church.   I had tithed before, but this time was different. I was going to make it a habit, and not only that, but I was going to double my giving. Not a ton compared to some folks, but thats not the point... what is the point is that I'm not rich, nor do I work in the summer months.  So, in order for me to keep my commitment to my local church I needed to generate some cash in anyway I knew how.

I'm not about to tell you that since I did "A" that "B" happened. In fact, I'm not suggesting that at all. What I do know is that when I started giving I started creating.. and God blessed me. He blessed me (and my family)  with trips, a new camera, cash to give when I was short, ideas, motivation.. you name it God blessed me. I can't give God enough credit. He really does bless you abundantly when you give money not out of compulsion or reluctancy.

It is January 2012, and so far I haven't made any new goals. The ones I was working on in December have yet to play out, but one thing I really want to do was to paint more, and to do that you need canvas. Which remember, I don't have.

Enter the package.

It was shipped to my front door from the Lead Singer's Best Friend. How could she have known that I needed them? She has no clue when it comes to the supplies I need. I love her. I love her for listening to that little voice, and then acting on it.

Again, I'm not saying that I'm receiving because I'm giving... I'm just going to continue on this path and encourage you to join me in giving, with a grateful heart, to the Giver who loves you more than anything and really really really wants to give you good gifts.

I can hardly wait to see how the Best Friend is blessed cuz of this gift... cuz she blessed my socks off.


 Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity."
 Luke 6:38 Msg

No comments: