Tuesday, September 14, 2010

little word, big deal.

We expect our children to obey. Even to the point of missing out on fun stuff or privileges if they don't obey. We as citizens of a country are expected to obey it's laws. If you chose not to there is a consequence. Even being a child of God comes with rules, and things that if you just don't do you'll save yourself a ton of headaches. such as these..

"if you hear his voice.. follow"
"love... the Lord your God."
"believe... and you will be saved."

actually all those verses boil down to one word.

obedience.

how come that word is SO hard to use?? prolly because every part of my soul screams that i have a CHOICE! and i do, a choice to continue to not engage in life around me when the kids are home, the choice to checkout and play bejewled blitz till i get to be the top dog, the choice to be friends with someone or not, the choice to actually feel as though the world loves me and my words that i use.

then God showed me these.

"if you utter what is precious, and not what is worthless,
you shall be as my mouth. Jer 15:19

" let the words of my mouth and the meditations
of my heart be acceptable in your sight" Ps 19: 14


"and Samuel grew, and the Lord was with him
and let none of his words fall to the ground." 1 Samuel 3:19

so, this fasting from facebook for 12 weeks is just me being obedient to a God who loves me and wants my words to matter.. for eternity. it's really just that simple.


No comments: