Wednesday, September 29, 2010

deep.

my oldest world changer loves caves. his grandma took him and the lead singer to one this summer and he's still talking about it.

my youngest world changer dug a hole outside the house (under the bushes, thank goodness) at it's deepest when he steps inside it, it comes to his waist. his eyes are bright with the possibilities of "digging to china."

there's just something about going deep that is appealing.

the word deep means. well, i was going to tell you, but when i googled it there is 41 variations to the word. can you imagine 41 ways to use a word? no wonder people really can't describe what "going deep with God" looks like.

to some it's learning the bible in the original language.
others it's just getting to church on time.
to some it's attending seminary.
others it's their wednesday morning bible study.
to some it's spending hours reading God's Word
others it's the daily devotional conveniently located in the bathroom

but really. what's going deep with God really boil down to?

love.

does whatever your going deep into lead you into a consistent awareness of His love for you?


If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3