Tuesday, August 30, 2011

i love....facts.

Ok, so I'm just going to tell you the facts. If I don't stick to just the facts, I'm going to sound like a broken record and that might get annoying to you. Heaven forbid.

It's formal night on the boat. Which means that after a full day of sightseeing, you get to get all gussied up and eat, drink and if your my mom, dance. However, if you recently traveled across the globe, and you really like sleep, which you haven't partaken of in a few days.. your incredibly sleepy through the first formal night.. so you pray and hope the eat, drink, and be merry goes really fast, because your bed awaits.

Our dinner seating is at 9. That means by the time dessert is placed in front of you it's generally 10:30. So, when our waiter, Wilson, brings in my dessert on a covered plate, I think really nothing of it.  Remember, I'm exhausted??  

Fact #1 I'm totally spent. Sleeping in my pretty dress right there at the table. When Wilson brings out my dessert covered. 

I wish I could tell you the emotion that was in my heart when I realized what was under the cover of my dessert. Tears flooded my eyes, and I whispered to my lead singer, who was sitting right next to me taking it all in. 

It's hard to know exactly what to say during times of surprises. The planner of the surprise has such great expectations of the event that if you say even one thing that's "out of wack" you could ruin it for them.. so I said. "you can't afford this."   he nodded, and I knew he had worked it all out. 

On my finger today, is a wedding ring that the lead singer gave me that night at dinner. 

I still can't type that without tearing up. It means so much more than a wedding ring this time. This ring has been through a ceremony of it's own even before I met it. Thats why I love it. This ring was given to me by three people. The couple of the first ceremony, and the lead singer. The ring I wear on my left hand symbolizes love. A love that is crazy to even admit can happen between fallen humans. There is nothing I did to deserve this love. Nothing. In fact, quite the opposite. I'm an extremely sinful human being.

Fact#2 I am loved. 

Fact #3 I have no pictures of this event. Which is good for my memory.. cuz the way I remember it in my head is FAR better than the pictures could have been.. and that's a fact! 


2 comments:

Helen said...

Aren't our memories wonderful? That sounds like an amzing story! You almost have me crying! Cheeky girl!

Robin said...

First of all...I'm super glad that I was there to watch this event happen. Tears fill my eyes now thinking of it. 2nd...I have to admit...I miss Wilson and eating supper at 9 at night.