Friday, February 27, 2009

a hack saw....

This past year Tony and I pruned our apple trees. Since we had not done it in about 5 years.. there was a ton of extra growth to get rid of. we spent a ton of time deciding and acting on each and every branch. the result.. we got great fruit in the fall at harvest.

Spending time and energy on pruning is definitely worth it. i have enjoyed the fruit of many past pruning sessions..

but pruning this time is sooo very close to me. it's become part of me.. who i am.. my identity. who i claim to be.. who i love to be. and i'm afraid i'll be boring without it.. and i hate the thought of that.

so i'm not so sure i want to prune it... quite yet.

so i'll hold on to the thing that i'm supposed to prune.. and not listen the the holy spirit. and my heart will get hard.. soo that the next time i need to prune the warning is louder and more painful. sounds like a plan...

that i'm not doing..

...this time.. i'm choosing to prune.. i'm choosing to grab the hack saw and remove the growth that sprung up in me.. that God allowed.. but hates.

hard?? definitely.

worth it?? absolutely.

if i have to "suffer" to know my Jesus through pruning.. bring it on.

i have the BEST helper in the whole universe.


"for I the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you." Isaiah 41:13

No comments: