Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cornerstone

golly. 

i love the Word of God. 

it pulls and pushes me to new levels of understanding.. and i love how it's alive. feeding me when i need it, chastising me when i need it (and this is often!)  

like this morning.. i read.. "abstain from the passions of the flesh" in 1 Peter 2:11

which leads me to think.. what am i passionately pursuing thats of the flesh.  cause hello i'm not THAT bright .. but i think God's saying.. ABSTAIN... which, in my really complicated brain screams... DO NOT EVEN GO CLOSE- STAY AWAY- well, you get the idea.

i'm pursuing enjoyment. 

enjoyment in things other than God himself.  


my passion for fitting in.   I need to fit in.. to belong. to be of a greater cause than myself. and currently i'm not.. AND i'm currently very passionate about finding that fit.

whew.. slow down kelly.. slow down to let it sink in.. 

God doesn't want you to serve just to save the world.. He wants you to serve to be closer to you. for you kelly, to become so passionately useful that it accomplishes His purpose.. NOT yours kelly.. to be passionate about what God wants.. not what you choose. 

it's a moment by moment battle to kill the flesh.. 

whew.

i have such a long way to go... 

"Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which rage war against your soul."  1 Peter 2:11








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the best blogger I know! I love this. KQ.

Anonymous said...

I had to put anonymous because I don't know what this profile business is. KQ