When I finally let the cat out of the bag on the events of the last week I want it to be God glorifying and pleasing to Him. However, in order to do that, it seems I need to tell you that the struggle against flesh is so so so hard, because I am human, and I want credit. I want to look good in your eyes, I want you to like me, like my art. I want you to see who I am.
There, did you see it?
I want you to see who I am.
The goal and plans unearthed gently by way of words on a screen. I want you to see who I am. Eight words that, if I am honest, started my journey in blogland. I wanted people to know me, ugh.. those earlier posts drive me crazy. O how I want to delete them and just forget they didn't happen, but I can't. They are me. Full of me.
Minute by minute.
every second my soul begs me to go back to wanting you to see me.
I fight it.. with every thought.
Change happens slowly. What starts in your head, moves to your heart and you wake up one day and realize you have changed. Your close friends confirm your hard work of dying to self and you start to live life in silence. Letting God take the glory. He lets you live in that world until you find your footings on His rocks and you feel Him with every thought and move.
Without warning, or maybe there was? He lets go of your hands and you are forced to take steps in a land you haven't ever been. The land of I Am. A land where He is enough, He is your all in all, He satisfies every need. He loves you unconditionally. He whispers to your soul.. " you can do this, but not alone." You need Him like your very breath, because the steps you are taking are very very scary. Will He catch me if I fall? Will He be there? Would He approve of this? and my heart is calling out to Him.. I want people to see You.
Show them You.
- This week Kelly Gau Studio was legally born with the help of Dear Brother.
- The Lead Singer made me an amaxing logo.
- A brother, who speaks another language, I'm sure in his sleep, is helping me set up a website.
- Dear Sister gave me canvas in my waiting for the UPS guy to show up.. and on those I painted what I am considering my most favorite of all and I can't wait to show you.
- None of this would be even happening if my bestest friend in the whole world hadn't sent me that box of canvases a few months back.
- And then theres the countless comments and affirmations I receive from you.
In my hearts effort to make sure you see God in everything I do. I can only tell you that I am constantly aware of this and with everything in my being... but I will mess up. I will fail. I have before, and I will again.. However, I know there is grace. A grace that I can't live without..cuz that's how things roll in the land of I Am... and I live there now.