Friday, March 18, 2011

Giving Up.

Time and time again you ask God for an answer. He waits. 

Worry.
Unrest.
Contemplation.
Questions.
Anticipation.
"What-if's" that create more and more thoughts that lead you in a circle of confusion. 

He waits for you to give up, stop, and rest.

There isn't anything you have to do, except give.

Give to Him what you carry. 

1:22am.  

 I awake and I immediately think of Genesis. I snap on the light, and I grab my pen. It's 1:22am, did you catch that? I open my Bible to what I think is chapter 1:22.. and my eyes fall on these words.

"God is with you in all that you do."  Genesis 21:22  

And God hushes my questions, confusion and worry.. and reassures me that He's there. He's got this. He's in control, He's with me. I can have the confidence in all situations that He gives. There isn't a choice, decision, or action that He isn't in. How fun and incredibly amaxing is it to know that the Creator of ALL things is with me. 

And that the same God is with you. Have you given up today? 



No comments: