Thursday, May 26, 2011

while i sing.

I finished the book last night at 1:28am. A book that I am certain God wanted me to read because He reminded me through seemingly unconnected circumstances again and again. I couldn't put it down. Words written straight from a frontline warrior for orphans and widows in Darfur, who dares to continuously give up everything to live dangerously for Jesus.  Her pen scribbled my thoughts again and again. Tears sprinkled the pages and I wept for my casual approach to being a witness for Him who created me to be His witness in all things despite my wishes and desires. 

He beckons me to boldly tell of His love, His power, His might. He calls me to forget what is past and strive toward the plan and purpose He dreamt for me on the day He knitted me. A no holds bar way of thinking and living for Him.  Why do I often smash my chubby cheeks to the window and just wish that I could do something great for the glory of God? 


A ton of weight is lifted from my soul when I realize a  bird sings simply because it can.  
A bird bears witness to it's Creator simply by do what birds do. 
Build their house, and sing while doing it. 


All His Royalty bends low to refresh me. 
A simple mom, who needed to know on this day...that God wants me to do what I am created to do.
 Be a true witness to His power, His glory, His never ending love.  
To tell of His story through creating all things beautiful in my home... while singing.  

No comments: