Saturday, April 23, 2011

Flesh Living.

I did much better at keeping a straight face when he said what he said than my mother did.

He was hollering at the waitress for some reason for the umpteenth time this particular meal, and I gently warned him that he would be sitting in the van if he chose to continue to do that.  He looks up at me with those big brown eyes, and says, "I am deeply sorry."

"Those who are in the flesh cannot please God." 
Romans 8:8 

Yes, it was totally a flesh moment. Me, his mom, playing the part of God.  This particular world changer was crafty in his words.. but his heart just hadn't caught up yet. Therefore, it was impossible to please me. 


Abba Father,
      Thank you for the gift of children who remind us all how we are to approach your Throne.... filled with deep sorrow for our sin, and when we chose to come daily to You with our flesh you drench it in your blood, totally covering it so it becomes something You can use for your glory.  Thank you Father for this gentle reminder that the eternal consequences of not running to you daily with our deep sorrow overshadow the current temporary consequences that all sin brings. Thank you Father for your grace and mercy concerning this battle of the flesh.  For Your glory alone I chose to die daily.  I love you. Amen.



____________________________________

autographed takeout box anyone? 


by Trace: 
do you know about me.
my name is trace
I am 83
and i lived to be 900
do not read this.

1 comment:

Robin Thompson said...

I love my Tracer!! :)